Tuesday, May 27, 2014

School is almost over....but I have less time than I have all year!

My list of things to do is lengthy--there is not doubt about that--but where has my time gone?!?

To say the least, sorry, I'm a week +/- behind writing this  blog.  More than anything I'm apologizing to myself.  To explore the saints and my faith was my Lenten promise to myself.  This is something I truly want to do, and I think I set pretty lax goals.  Exploring 3 saints every week is not difficult.  But then came the end of the school year.  Between field days, awards days, mommy breakfasts, PTA meetings, pep rallies, (the list is inexhaustible) the past few weeks feel like a whirlwind of kids and school and somewhere in there I pass my hubby at dinner and collapse into bed for a not-so-restful few hours of sleep.  I'm officially giving myself a break.  I will not be posting any of the saints for last week or this week.  I am going to attempt to slow the clock by just a bit, if only for a few days.

Honestly, at this point I feel quite a bit like the story of Martha and Mary.  I'm definitely not choosing wisely.
Here is the story, if you need a refresher.  I sure did.  This came from bible gateway.

Luke 10:38-42

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Martha and Mary

38 Now as they were traveling along, He entered a village; and a woman named Martha welcomed Him into her home.39 She had a sister called Mary, who was seated at the Lord’s feet, listening to His word. 40 But Martha was distracted with [a]all her preparations; and she came up to Him and said, “Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to do all the serving alone? Then tell her to help me.” 41 But the Lord answered and said to her, Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things; 42 but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her.”

Footnotes:

  1. Luke 10:40 Lit much service
So, enjoy yourself this week.  Seek the Lord in everything and honor him and the gifts he has given you. Remember to be more like Mary and less like Martha, even with your children, because essentially the only things that matter are your faith and your family. Everything else will survive without you.

Blessings!
Genevieve

No comments:

Post a Comment